I’d announced this blog would be moving from this domain to be included with the GeoMetrick Enterprises domain, as one, big web-site.
I’m going to set the GeoMetrick Enterprises web-site in “maintenance mode” starting Friday afternoon/evening on May 24th and being made live-again, Monday afternoon/evening on May 27th (Monday is a holiday here in the US). This is all in Central US time.
“Maintenance mode” means that you will see a screen that says the web-site is inaccessible. Only administrators will have access to it. So, it will be running, but you won’t be able to see what’s going on.
What Will Happen Over the Weekend
Here’s what is going to happen over this US holiday weekend:
- The “test” version of the site will be moved to be the “production” area.
- There’s a list of maintenance issues to resolve, including all the broken links.
- The new system will be retested.
- Those of you who subscribe by e-mail will be moved to the new blog area.
- Those of you who are subscribed as WordPress.com users will be sent an invitation to rejoin. Once, again, my apologies on this, but I promise you I’ve spend inordinate amounts of time trying to find a way to move you and I haven’t found anything.
- This blog will be given a general redirect that will point anyone using old links to the new blog area. It won’t redirect from a specific post to a specific post, but merely to the new area, in general.
Is This Really Three Days of Work?
No, it’s not. But I have holiday weekend plans just like everyone else and I’m going to spend some time with friends and family as well as time working. So, please don’t write with your pity because I really won’t deserve it. 🙂