In yesterday’s blog post, I made an offer to give my presentation for free to relatively local groups that would agree to fill-out evaluation forms and potentially recommend my presentation: https://outonalims.com/2009/09/28/free-presentation-on-changing-your-laboratory-informatics-puzzle/ So, here’s the question, “Why would you want to bother taking advantage of this free presentation when there are so many other free things to take advantage of and you’re so busy?”
- If you’re interested in the topic, that is, if you plan to buy new laboratory informatics software such as LIMS, ELN, SDMS, etc…, and especially if you want to fit it in with your other software or to replace something, you would get relevant and useful information from the talk.
- If this topic does apply to you, you can see a presentation from an expensive, high-level conference almost for free. So, there aren’t travel expenses or expensive conference costs to consider.
- Since this presentation is meant for a high-level conference of people that are decision-makers at their own companies, you will be getting a decision-level talk directly at your own company.
- It benefits you as well as me to see/give a presentation in-person. Which I get good feedback and questions just like I’ll get in my real conference presentation, you’ll also find that having your people together to do this live will spark more questions and interest than you’ll get when you all just read articles or watching videotaped presentations. After all, the human interaction between live people, their expressions, their spontaneous thoughts – that’s what continues to keep people spending lots of money for these conferences.
- It’s low-risk. If you’re interested in the topic, you’re only taking an hour out of your time to do this.
- You’re getting free presentation by an expert without leaving your building. You get to ask me questions without taking the time to go anywhere else to do it. Other people have to pay travel and conference costs to do it, or to attend various other meetings to do it, or to pay me consulting fees for it, or to read my articles in respected periodicals, and you can get that with much less effort on your part.
- You’d be helping me out, as I pointed-out in yesterday’s post. If you’d get a good feeling by helping a local person, first, help me over the multitude of out-of-towners and we’ve now both helped someone local out, first (each other).
So, if you’re interested, take a look at yesterday’s blog which I’d linked at the top this posting. After you read it, if you’re interested and eligible, contact me at Gloria@GeoMetrick.com .